The Information Commissioner’s Office (https://ico.org.uk/) provides further details of the GDPR and how it protects personal information in the United Kingdom and EU.
THE INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
As part of our operations at PatronBase we may gather certain types of information from our users and other individuals with whom we connect:
PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
This is provided by you when you register for services that we may offer. Examples of these services include our email communications or provision of downloaded material such as Case Studies. Providing this information will always be optional for you. However, some services may not be available to you if you choose not to provide it.
This information is generated by our systems as they track traffic through our website. This information does not identify you personally and is not linked to the personally identifiable information that you may have provided.
WHO WE MAY SHARE THIS INFORMATION WITH
The information may be hosted with a service provider. Our agreements with them protect the information that we collect from any use by them that we have not authorised. The aggregated data (not the personally identifiable information) may be shared with third parties such as business partners.
WHAT ELSE WE DO WITH THE PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
We have collected this information in order to provide the best possible service to you. To this end we may use the information that you provide for the following purposes:
- To verify your identity if you need help with a forgotten password or you are having login problems with one of our site services.
- To contact you regarding provision of any services we offer.
- To help provide any other services that you have requested.
- To offer the most relevant information suitable to you and your interests.
- For any marketing, promotional, publicity, direct marketing or market research that we might undertake.
- For any other purposes for which you have given permission.
A cookie is a small file that resides on your computer and is recognised by our server when you visit our website. A cookie does not provide us with any personally identifiable information. It does provide details of your Internet Provider (IP) address, the computer platform that you use (eg Mac or Windows), the browser that you use (eg Microsoft Explorer or FireFox) and what domain you are accessing our sites from. With this information we can do the following:
- Track traffic patterns to our site.
- Ensure that the most relevant content is being shown.
- Allow you to enter certain site member services without having to log in each time you visit.
OPTING IN AND OPTING OUT
You will always have the option to opt in to certain services and to opt out of those services at any stage. This means you may change your mind at any stage about participating in any of our services.
CAN WE CHANGE THIS POLICY?
YOUR RIGHT TO ACCESS YOUR INFORMATION
The GDPR gives you the right to access and correct or erase the information we hold about you. To find out more about how to do this, please contact us.